- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
During the last few weeks quite a few of our guests have reported seeing a single otter at various locations in the lake. These sightings- normally in the early morning – have also been confirmed by Phil Wood, the lake’s ghillie. We then set folk a challenge and promised a bottle of wine to anyone who successfully caught this delightful creature on camera as we have yet to do it! The first bottle has now been claimed by Robert Elliot from Surrey who stayed in our Rectory Retreat for a week with his wife Lizzie. They both saw the animal on various days and Robert managed to take a photograph of him as he popped his head up having swum under our boat by the jetty. We thank Robert for allowing us to use his image.