- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We have been closed for the last six weeks and during that time the whole house and Retreat has been transformed thanks to the talents of an interior designer from Machnylleth. We met Camilla Norburg from The Décor shop (01654 700001) after she had been part responsible for some amazing work at the newly opened […]
2012 has been a memorable year at The Old Rectory on the lake ……. bookings have been up, the weather has been appalling but as always we have so enjoyed meeting and welcoming many a guest. We hope this short video will give you an idea of what has been going on during the last […]