- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We have been closed for the last six weeks and during that time the whole house and Retreat has been transformed thanks to the talents of an interior designer from Machnylleth. We met Camilla Norburg from The Décor shop (01654 700001) after she had been part responsible for some amazing work at the newly opened Nanteos Country House Hotel outside Aberystwyth. This grade one listed building has undergone an impressive four and a half million pound restoration and we knew instantly after we had stayed there that Camilla would be just the person to give The Old Rectory on the lake a much needed face lift. Sadly we did not have budget of Nanteos but despite this we think Camilla has done a great job here at Talyllyn!
Also many thanks to Smudge and his team of painters (01938 820650), Dyfrig and the guys from DRJ Builders ((01938 820596) and electrician, Ifan Coyne-Davis (01970 871514). Images by Adam (02921 320438).