- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
We have been closed for the last six weeks and during that time the whole house and Retreat has been transformed thanks to the talents of an interior designer from Machnylleth. We met Camilla Norburg from The Décor shop (01654 700001) after she had been part responsible for some amazing work at the newly opened Nanteos Country House Hotel outside Aberystwyth. This grade one listed building has undergone an impressive four and a half million pound restoration and we knew instantly after we had stayed there that Camilla would be just the person to give The Old Rectory on the lake a much needed face lift. Sadly we did not have budget of Nanteos but despite this we think Camilla has done a great job here at Talyllyn!
Also many thanks to Smudge and his team of painters (01938 820650), Dyfrig and the guys from DRJ Builders ((01938 820596) and electrician, Ifan Coyne-Davis (01970 871514). Images by Adam (02921 320438).