- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
2012 has been a memorable year at The Old Rectory on the lake ……. bookings have been up, the weather has been appalling but as always we have so enjoyed meeting and welcoming many a guest. We hope this short video will give you an idea of what has been going on during the last twelve months and as you can see there is never a dull moment!
John, Ricky, Idris The Old Rectory cat, and Marian the Welsh sheep all wish all our friends a very Happy New Year and many thanks for all your support and encouragement. Goodness knows what 2013 will bring!!