- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The Old Rectory on the lake just been graded again by Visit Wales and out of a total of possible 160 marks we gained 149 – so we are pleased as it means we are still Five Stars!
This is what the grader wrote:- “The Old Rectory on the lake is a well appointed detached Welsh house set on the side of Talyllyn lake offering guests excellent views of the surrounding countryside. All exterior and interior aspects continue to present well and the property offers guests a most comfortable standard of accommodation in a pleasant location. There were excellent standards of housekeeping evident throughout the property. All four bedrooms have been refurbished to a very high standard with an interior designer being used. A sense of place and the local environment evident in all the rooms adding to the overall impression of all the rooms.”