- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
Out of a total of 225 points in all areas we achieved 213 giving us an overall score of 95%. To say we are thrilled is an understatement!
This is what he wrote:-
“Set on the side of Tal-y-llyn and offering guests excellent views of the surrounding countryside The Old Rectory on the lake continues to maintain standards and property offer guests a most comfortable standard of accommodation.
There has been no substantive changes since the 2013 grading visit apart from new smart TVs and Ipod docking stations in the bedrooms. The excellent standards of housekeeping continue to be evident throughout the property.
Ricky and John are the most charming of hosts and the tea and homemade cake on arrival was most welcome. The pre dinner films made by John showed the whole gamut of the seasons at The Rectory and added to the sense of place as well as an insight into their humour.
Allocated Mynydd Rugog – a lake view double – with large ensuite with feature bath and separate shower cubicle.
Dinner taken of watercress soup, cod with puy lentils, hoi sin glazed duck breast followed by lemon posset and lemon tart. The whole meal was a joy with Ricky’s skill to the fore and the cod dish and lemon posset were the standout elements, all enhanced by the lakeside setting.”