- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
We sincerely thank Ann and Dave from The West Midlands who have now stayed with us an incredible thirty times! They also get into The Old Rectory on the lake record books for leaving our 750th review on TripAdvisor! This is what was so kindly posted:-
“This was our thirtieth visit and John and Ricky always promised that they would mark the event with a bang! Actually this trip to The Old Rectory on the lake coincided with Firework Night so we were treated to yet another display – probably the best one to date! Together with all the other folk who were staying we watched from across the water and as it was a perfectly still night the reflections in the lake were absolutely superb. Undoubtedly, The Old Rectory on the Lake, Talyllyn, is our favourite place to stay in Wales and it has been a treat seeing how John and Ricky’s hospitably business has gone from strength to strength during the many years we have been coming to Talyllyn. All the reviews are spot on and many quite rightly remark about the excellence of Ricky’s food and John’s friendly welcome and his knowledge of the area. Here’s to the next thirty visits and see you both for Valentine’s weekend! Once again thank you very much for a great short break!”