- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The Old Rectory on the lake has three letting rooms in the main house and a self contained separate unit attached – The Rectory Retreat. There is ample parking. Although we have no secure outside storage mountain bikes can be left safely at the rear of the building.
We have a lounge where guests can meet for pre-dinner drinks and watch the live camera feed pointing up the lake – since we have lived here we have come to realise that Tal-y-Llyn has so many moods!
Our Orangery allows our guests to enjoy a great view of the lake as they dine. We can also cater for private dinner parties. This large and airy room can also be hired by the day for small meetings and seminars.
We also have an outside hot tub and a sauna which can be booked as part of our celebration/pamper package or individually. The Sawdays inspector enthused that there was nothing better than wallowing in the hot tub after a day in the mountains enjoying a glass of champagne under the stars.
Please note: We do not accept children under the age of 18 in the main house.