- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Rates including VAT are at present:
- Craig Goch suite: £60 per person per night – includes full traditional breakfast the next morning
- Mynydd Rugog room: £60 per person per night – includes full traditional breakfast the next morning
- Talyllyn Room: £45 per person per night – includes full traditional breakfast the next morning
- Rectory Retreat: £60 per person per night – additional third person £25 per night
- Freshly cooked four set course evening meal using whenever possible locally sourced foods – £30 per person. With notice our chef, Ricky, can cater for vegetarians, vegans and any other dietary requirements.
Check our availability by clicking on the button below and then look at our on-line diary.
For availability of The Rectory Retreat please call us direct. We also cater for house parties when four to five couples take over the whole place and we cook and serve to order. We only take two consecutive night bookings at weekends – three on bank holidays.
Disability access statement for The Old Rectory on the lake
We have a long sloping granite drive, large parking area and granite blocked path leading to the front door. This entrance has two steps then no more steps on ground floor. This is also access to The Orangery at the far end of the house – here there are no steps.
Ground floor double bedroom – Talyllyn Room – has bathroom ensuite. There is a small step into shower. Bedroom has lighting of different levels. 19 inch television has remote control satellite tv with teletext.
Lounge and breakfast rooms downstairs are airy rooms with large windows and are well illuminated.
We or those who work for us live in The Old Rectory so can be easily raised should there be any emergency.
We can cater for most diets provided we can have prior notice. We can provide evening meal menus in large print.
Guide dogs are welcome in our Rectory Retreat.
Outside The Old Rectory on the lake there is a very quiet lane – ten vehicles a day is seen as a rush! This four gated single tarmac road goes round to the top of the lake and was perceived by the Visit Wales disability officer as a great place for wheelchairs users as it is so flat and for those who are visually impaired as the sounds of the wildlife – both on, off and above the lake – are incredible.
Our Rectory Retreat has been especially created with the needs of wheel chair users in mind. It is on one level and there is a wet room ensuite. Parking is within feet of the double doored entrance.
We are equidistant between Machynlleth, Tywyn and Dolgellau – all are about 15 miles away. There is a very periodic bus service but we have an arrangement with local taxi companies – one has a vehicle especially designed for those in wheel chairs.
Mobile phone reception is patchy but we do have a landline which we are more than prepared to offer guests. If arriving by train from Machynlleth or Tywyn we can easily arrange collection.