- We receive our one thousandth Trip Advisor review – mercifully it is a good one!
- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
How to Contact Us
The Old Rectory on the lake
+44 (0)1654 782225
Driving: From Dolgellau take the A470 in a southerly direction. At the Cross Foxes Inn take the A487 and follow road up the pass and down the other side. Then take the right hand turn onto the B4405 (signposted Tywyn) and follow this road along the lake side. As you get towards the end of the lake you will see The Old Rectory on the lake welcoming you across the water. Turn right at end of lake and continue along this single track lane for about a quarter of a mile.
At night The Old Rectory is illuminated with blue lights and can be clearly seen from across the lake. On a still evening the reflection is superb!
Our OS Map Reference is SH712097. For sat navs our postcode is LL369AJ – when approaching from the head of the lake ignore any instructions which may be given about continuing through the ford and then gated road.
Machynlleth and Tywyn stations have direct trains from London and the West Midlands. Taxis can be booked from Machynlleth.
View Old Rectory in a larger map