- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
How to Contact Us
The Old Rectory on the lake
+44 (0)1654 782225
Driving: From Dolgellau take the A470 in a southerly direction. At the Cross Foxes Inn take the A487 and follow road up the pass and down the other side. Then take the right hand turn onto the B4405 (signposted Tywyn) and follow this road along the lake side. As you get towards the end of the lake you will see The Old Rectory on the lake welcoming you across the water. Turn right at end of lake and continue along this single track lane for about a quarter of a mile.
At night The Old Rectory is illuminated with blue lights and can be clearly seen from across the lake. On a still evening the reflection is superb!
Our OS Map Reference is SH712097. For sat navs our postcode is LL369AJ – when approaching from the head of the lake ignore any instructions which may be given about continuing through the ford and then gated road.
Machynlleth and Tywyn stations have direct trains from London and the West Midlands. Taxis can be booked from Machynlleth.
View Old Rectory in a larger map