- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
Ricky – the chef – is self taught and is gaining an increasing reputation for what comes out of The Old Rectory on the lake’s kitchens. All his evening meals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights are cooked to order and wherever possible Ricky uses local produce – indeed we were even mentioned for our fine Celtic beef during a debate on Welsh food in The House of Commons. All dietary requirements can be catered for but do warn us in advance.
Click HERE to see sample menus which change daily.
And it’s not just our guests who are appreciative of what we provide. In his last report the Visit Wales inspector wrote:- “A most enjoyable stay taken with welcome tea on arrival. Dinner was a joy, attentively served, with enjoyable well executed homemade dishes utilising fresh produce.”
We are proud to be associated with these local suppliers. Our meat comes from T J Roberts and Son in Bala, our fish from Gill’s Plaice in Aberdyfi, our eggs are Birchgrove free range from Aberystwyth and our fresh vegetables are regularly delivered to us by Tudors of Welshpool who buy from Liverpool and Birmingham markets early in the morning.
We are licensed with a small but excellent wine list from Weavers in Nottingham. Our bottled beer – we stock the award winning Snowdonia ale – comes from the Purple Moose Brewery in Porthmadog. The Welsh Whisky Company from Aberdare supply us with all our spirits.
Just as Ricky maintains impeccable atttention to detail when preparing the food he makes sure the kitchen and preparing of all the food adheres to strict hygiene standards. An inspector rated it four out of five during his last visit. Feel free to click HERE to go to the Old Rectory on the lake’s hygiene record at the Food Standards Agency website.