- We are still graded Five Stars!
- We get a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence – for the third year running!
- The otters are back!
- The Old Rectory and The Retreat get a makeover!
- We forgot to post this on New Year’s Day!
- Third time unlucky!!!!!!!
- The Old Rectory on the lake is awarded a Gold Ward for the second year running!
The drive to get here is fantastic and the approach truly beautiful - The Old Rectory waits for you on the other side of the lake. The owners are full of enthusiasm for their fabulous B&B and spoil guests rotten - comfy beds with smooth Egyptian cotton sheets, binoculars for bird spotting and luxurious baths. Fabulous photos of mountains and lake decorate the dining room, there are views from every window to the luminous lake, and you can climb Cadair Idris from the front door. Return, weak-limbed, to a delicious, home-cooked meal and a bit of cossetting... maybe a wallow in the hot tub under the stars. Read the full write up here »
Click on the picture to open gallery
Tal-y-llyn is much painted and photographed. During the time we have been here we have taken many a still picture and more recently video shots. We are slowly building up a library of various presentations which we show to our guests before dinner.