- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
The Old Rectory on the lake at Tal-y-llyn is now in its ninth year of offering luxurious accommodation and fine dining to the discerning visitor to this amazing part of southern Snowdonia. In this three minute video we discover why so many guests come to stay at this award winning five star bed and breakfast which is situated in the most breathtaking Welsh scenery.
Tal-y-llyn is famous for its fishing which can be arranged through the hotel opposite who manage the lake. In this short video Head Ghillie, Phil Wood, explains what this amazing stretch of water – under the shadow of the majestic Cadair Idris – has to offer the discerning angler. And regular visitor to The Old Rectory on the lake and keen fisherman Jim Christie tries his luck!
Professional photographer Adam Dorogdi is a regular visitor to The Old Rectory on the lake. This is his video about his stay with us which he then posted on Trip Advisor.
This HD video is a trailer for a much longer version which we show guests during pre-dinner drinks each evening. It was shot over 18 months and captures the lake in its ever changing moods. All seasons are depicted and last winter, which was particularly harsh towards Christmas, provided some spectacular snow footage. Many kindly say that the time lapse sequences can be very effective.
This is a tongue in cheek video about what we offer here at The Old Rectory on the lake. Many thanks to the talented Elderly Brothers – aka Will Morgan and Trevor Pedley from the West Midlands – who wrote the song and music especially for us.
This was the first video we made filmed in the early part of 2010 and shows the mother otter with her two pups just before they left the area to fend for themselves. It was shot over ten different early mornings and the best footage was achieved when the pups had caught a fish and played with it in the water. A great deal of patience was needed for this production!