- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The Old Rectory on the lake is on the slopes of Cadair Idris, an awe inspiring mountain which is 50 feet short of 3,000 feet above sea level. Legend has it that if you spend a night on its peak you will either go mad or turn into a poet! So far none of our guests have been up there all night but many have walked up it from our front door – there is a good energetic circular route coming down the forest above our home which takes about six hours. There are at least four other routes up of varying difficulty and on a good day the views are incredible. Do ask for a packed lunch.