- We receive our one thousandth Trip Advisor review – mercifully it is a good one!
- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
The Old Rectory on the lake is on the slopes of Cadair Idris, an awe inspiring mountain which is 50 feet short of 3,000 feet above sea level. Legend has it that if you spend a night on its peak you will either go mad or turn into a poet! So far none of our guests have been up there all night but many have walked up it from our front door – there is a good energetic circular route coming down the forest above our home which takes about six hours. There are at least four other routes up of varying difficulty and on a good day the views are incredible. Do ask for a packed lunch.