- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
The Old Rectory on the lake is on the slopes of Cadair Idris, an awe inspiring mountain which is 50 feet short of 3,000 feet above sea level. Legend has it that if you spend a night on its peak you will either go mad or turn into a poet! So far none of our guests have been up there all night but many have walked up it from our front door – there is a good energetic circular route coming down the forest above our home which takes about six hours. There are at least four other routes up of varying difficulty and on a good day the views are incredible. Do ask for a packed lunch.