- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
The Old Rectory on the lake is on the side of a much admired, photographed and painted lake and we find it an utter delight to live in such an amazing area.
The original name of the lake formed in the Ice Age was Lyn Mwyngi – in Welsh – meaning ‘fertile narrow lake’ but in English it was dubbed ‘the lake of quiet retreat’.
The lake is about a mile and a quarter long and you can walk completely round it starting from our gate. Tal-y-Llyn is world famous for its brown trout fishing which can be arranged through the hotel opposite who manage the lake. Click HERE to see a short video where Head Ghillie, Phil Wood, explains what this amazing stretch of water has to offer the discerning angler. And regular visitor to The Old Rectory on the lake and keen fisherman Jim Christie tries his luck!
Whatever the weather the views are incredible and we sincerely hope you will come and see them for yourself.
Tal-y-Llyn has also been the home to a family of four otters who have been seen by many who have stayed with us. In February 2010 we made a video about these playful creatures and they have been seen periodically ever since. We sincerely hope they will continue to make Tal-y- Lyn their home.
(Click HERE to see video of otters)